Ready to take your passion to the next level?
The Ruth Home is recruiting local advocates to join us in bringing awareness to The Ruth Home and Human Trafficking.
The HopeGiver Advocate Program
What is The HopeGiver Advocate Program?
It is a program where we train volunteers to educate students, churches, and community groups on the Ruth Home and human trafficking.
Advocates are equipped to inform others on what human trafficking is, how it happens, how to recognize the signs, and how to be part of the solution to ending it.
Advocates are also representatives of The Ruth Home who help with events and assist with The Ruth Home booth’s. Advocates are expected to multiply awareness of The Ruth Home and human trafficking through sharing The Ruth Home posts on their social media networks.
Two Types of Advocates: Pink and Gold
• Pink Advocates assist with booths and events, and share social media posts.
• Gold Advocates assist with booths and events, share social media posts, and public speak in either schools, churches, or community groups.
Interested in becoming an Advocate?
Requirements for Pink Advocates (help with booths and events):
- Fill out HopeGiver Application below
- Attend Advocate Training (Dates Posted Soon!)
- Pass Background Check
- Read Typography of Modern Day Slavery Report (Polaris Project): Download Report Here.
- Understand, respect, and be able to communicate vision and mission of The Ruth Home
- Commit to doing at least 2 events or booths a year
- Be willing to be part of a 2 person HopeGiver Advocate Team
- Attend quarterly update meetings
- Willing to share The Ruth Home social media posts/events
- Everything above PLUS:
- Complete interview with staff
- Complete 2 Video presentations that will be critiqued by The Ruth Home staff before you will be released to present publicly.
Characteristics of Advocates:
- Self-Motivated– Take initiative
- Willing to learn and stay educated